This year, we celebrate the 20th Annual Latina Leading the Way Awards event – a milestone year – where we will recognize three professional women who are making a mark in our community. This year’s slate of Honorees represents the true essence of our organization’s mission. We are honored to award the following women:
- Claudia Catota, Chief Diversity Officer and Special Assistant to the President, California State University, Bakersfield
- Teresa Romero, President, United Farm Workers
- Beatriz Trejo, Attorney, Chain, Cohn, Stiles
The Latina Leading the Way Awards and Dinner Banquet is LLKC’s annual fundraising event that honors three local outstanding Latina professionals in Kern County. Latinas Leading the Way also salutes their Youth Leadership Program high school Latinas during this event.This major fundraiser supports our youth program, and other activities targeted to professional Latinas in our community. The women honored with the awards are selected for their exceptional professionalism, achievements and commitment to our community.
LLKC Objective/Goal: To highlight the achievements of local Latinas and build acknowledgement of their contributions to Kern County. The event is expected to raise as many funds as possible for the annual Youth Leadership Program (the cornerstone program of LLKC).
2019 Presenting Sponsor
2019 Gold Sponsors
2019 Silver Sponsors
2018 Latina's Leading the Way Honorees
- Beatris Espericueta, Executive Director, Kern County Farm Bureau
- Sonia Rodriguez, Chief Operating Officer, Parent Institute of Quality Education (PIQE)
- Lillian Tafoya, Board of Trustees, Bakersfield City School District (BCSD).